Having a list that includes all facts and stats when it comes to the websites is always an extremely useful resource. Enjoy!
– As of January 1, 2018, there were 3,812,564,450 internet users spanning the globe.
– WordPress controls nearly 60% of the CMS market.
– Google now processes over 6,586,013,574 search queries a day worldwide.
– Approximately 40% of the world’s population has an internet connection in 2018.
– 47.3% of world population is expected to buy online in 2018.
– There are over 1.5 billion websites on the world wide web today.
– In total, there are approximately 331.9 million domain name registrations worldwide.
– Cars.com is the highest selling domain name ever recorded that went for a whopping $872 million.
– The world’s first website was published on August 6, 1991 by British physicist Tim Berners-Lee.
– An increase in site speed from 8 to 2 seconds can boost your conversion rate by 74%
– 46% of visitors have trouble navigating a static site.
– B2B websites which transitioned to responsive design experienced an 11% drop in bounce rate.
– Users pay most attention on the top 2/3 of the screen.
– 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content/layout is unattractive.
– 47% of people expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
– Search advertisements are expected to boost expenditure in 2018 by 12% to reach $113 billion spent.
– Ads, that are placed on the top or left part of your website, get the most views.
– Adblocking cost businesses over $22 billion in 2015 alone.
– Google makes up a staggering 32.4% of total mobile ad expenditure, with Facebook a close second with 24.6%.
– Social media ad spend is expected to overtake newspaper ad spend by 2019.
There you go. Keep these key points, stats and facts in mind next time you need a website.